Back to Our Priorities
Budget 2018 invests for a brighter future, providing Territorians with the best possible opportunities in life.
Through significant investments in early childhood, education, health and housing, together with Local Decision Making in communities, we can support long-term economic and social change – for all Territorians.
View infographic text
- $5.6 million for the first year of the Early Childhood Development Plan
- $229.6 million over five years to reform the Territory's child protection and youth justice system
- $506 million for resourcing schools
- $50.5 million for to improve outcomes of Aboriginal students through the Indigenous Education Strategy
- $39.15 million towards implementing a new school resourcing model
- $14.1 million towards the Building Better Schools initiative
- $22.8 million to support the operation of the new Palmerston Regional Hospital with a range of specialised healthcare services
- $35.32 million to expand access to cancer services
- $15.5 million for specialised alcohol misuse treatment services
- $6 million towards the early childhood services subsidy