Back to Our Priorities
Government’s number one priority is creating more jobs. More jobs mean stronger economic growth.
Budget 2018 invests in creating and growing our economy.
View infographic text
- $26.6 million to deliver smarter and more targeted tourism marketing
- $52.5 million to establish new tourism infrastructure to create more memorable experiences for our visitors
- $626.4 million to upgrade the Territory’s roads
- $66 million to progress the City Deals projects
- $30 million to enhance art galleries in Arnhem, Katherine and Tennant Creek as part of the National Iconic Arts Trail
- $79.5 million for health infrastructure to improve the wellbeing of Territorians
- $171.2 million in Territory funding to continue the $1.1 billion 10-year Remote Housing Investment Package with the Australian Government providing an additional $110 million a year for five years
- $61 million for new and upgraded urban public housing
- $5.33 million over three years to implement the 135 recommendations of the scientific inquiry into hydraulic fracturing
- $0.4 million to continue facilitation of major agribusiness projects